1. Some Key Observations
There are no latches or knobs to turn to lock the doors in my apartment. Instead, on both sides of the doors there are keyholes which require the use of a key. This came as some surprise to me; having to use my keys to get out of my own room and apartment in the morning after locking the doors the night before seems a bit unnatural to me. But after further thought, the genius of it dawned on me: only by manually locking the door then sliding the key underneath to the other side is it actually possible to lock myself out of my apartment or room here. Had this been the setup in Nicole's temporary lodgings in Oshawa last year, I would have avoided the very trying ordeal of slipping in through an impossibly narrow basement window, ass-backward, shirtless, with genitals duck-taped to leg to avoid any unpleasant snagging, a step which I assure you was necessary. It being a basement window, a blind 7 foot drop to the floor also awaited me after squeezing through. I did try picking the lock and would have googled 'lock picking techniques' after my failed attempts, but my laptop was stored safely inside the locked room.
Although with this new setup, although very unlikely, I suppose locking myself in my room or apartment becomes a possibility, if my keys were to somehow find their way out while I was still inside. How embarrassing that would be! Not to mention difficult to explain in Spanish. I'll have to be mindful of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment